Kansas Operation: Military Kids (OMK) (Adobe Acrobat) is part of National OMK, which is a collaborative effort to support the children and youth of Active Duty, National Guard and Army Reserve member families.
Kansas OMK works with representatives from 4-H Youth Development, K-State Research and Extension, National Guard, Army Reserve, Boys & Girls Clubs, the American Legion, KS State Dept. of Education, the Kansas Child Care Resource & Referral Agency, and other organizations to meet the needs of military connected youth and their families.
Kansas OMK programs include:
- Awareness to Action
- Community action campaign to support military families
- Speak Out for Military Kids
- Interactive theatre and presentations to help kids express their thoughts and experiences
- Hero Packs
- Recognition backpacks for military youth
- Mobile Tech Labs
- Bank of portable computers and video equipment
- Ready, Set, Go! Training
- Brief training helping community groups understand the military culture and deployment issues
- Get Involved
- Share ideas for involving others in support of local military families